Wedding Photobooth – Entertainment
Ah- the Wedding Photobooth! Its the perfect solution for entertainment at your wedding PLUS great captured memories of all your guests! Photobooths are popping up at weddings and events everywhere- they are such a fantastic way to keep guests entertained while you are off having your professional photos taken or during the downtime in the reception. There are several ways to make it happen for your wedding.
- Hire a traditional photobooth that prints out pictures on little strips.
- Pros: No hassle set up
- Cons: Can only fit a few people in the booth and little options for customization
- Set up your own backdrop, get your own props and use a Polaroid camera to snap the photos
- Pros: endless options for customization, can be made to fit in any space.
- Cons: Polaroid film is expensive and you would either need to designate someone to operate the camera or be prepared to leave with a broken camera (things get a bit wild and crazy when props are involved!).
- See if your photographer offers a photobooth option. This usually involves setting up a backdrop and light kit and having the second shooter taking photos of your guests.
- Pros: you get professional quality photos and the responsibility of setting up and tearing down is left to the photographer and not you!
- Cons: This means the second shooter is focusing on the photobooth and not on the other wedding elements (which is usually OK because the main photographer is still doing that side). Usually more difficult to organize on site printing- you only get your photos later – though this can sometimes be arranged.
If you are able to get the photos printed on site, these can make for a fun guest book: have your guests paste the strip into an album and write a little message beside their picture.
Photobooth Prop DIY! Chalkboard Speech Bubbles
Message Bubbles: You can make your own chalkboard message bubbles really easily! Just find some thick board (readily available at most scrapbooking or art supply stores), draw out the shape, cut out with an exacto knife, and paint with chalkboard paint (can be found at most hardware stores). That’s it! Easy peasy and done in 30 minutes.
Photobooth Prop DIY! Felt Props
Easy Photobooth Prop DIY- cut out lips, moustaches, glasses, and hats out of felt and attach to a dowel for a super easy and super quick photobooth prop DIY.
Photobooth Prop FREE DOWNLOAD! Printable Prop Starter Download
We have also included some free downloads for you! A couple of signs telling your guests where to go and what to do and a starter prop pack. Have fun and don’t forget to let us know how your photobooth went!
Just click on the ones you want to download and the pdf will load in a new window.
Get more fabulous ideas and printables on our “Photobooth” Pinboard on Pinterest!
Get the Wedding Newsletter
Sign up for the wedding newsletter and get a free wedding planning guide.